Family

Family

Wednesday, October 29, 2014

Family blessings

     I have a sweet sister who is a PA (Physicians Assistant) for a cardiologist.  She works down at UVRMC, where Randy had his EEG.  Randy has been having fluid overload problems, which causes him to retain water.  He previously had low BP so they had to up his fluid intake, plus his IV antibiotics.  This is in his feet and hands and lungs and basically everywhere.  They are monitoring it and treating it.  There could be a heart condition, kidney problems or electrolite problems causing it.  It is a concern for me so I called my sister for a little medical coaching, since the heart is her speciality.  She told me what they should be doing, then I went to the hospital and my favorite and nicest nurse came and talked to me, even though she wasn't Randy's nurse that day.  She told me that they were checking all his blood  and enzyme levels every day.  They do it at 3 a.m.  No wonder I didn't know they were doing it.  She let me know that they were doing everything that they should be doing.  His albumin level is going up.  It's 15 and 16 is normal. His kidney levels look good and his heart is good too.  My sister is friends with the neurologist and she said, "she owes me a favor" so she is hoping that she runs into her at the hospital today while she is doing rounds. She said there is a shortage of neurologists in Ut county and they are very over worked.  Hense the delay in reading the EEG.
     Kati's last blog said she was wondering if he was even in there.  I know he is.  I can see it in his reactions when things happen to him.  When I come in in the morning and tell him I am here and say good morning to him he reacts by twitching his feet or slightly moving his arm or facial expressions. So I know he is "in there." He has a cousin that tells him his hunting stories.  He really twitches then.
     So if you read this, if you get up as early as I do, you can add to your prayers that my sister runs into the neurologist at work today.
     Thanks for all you do for us and including us in your fasting and  prayers.

1 comment:

  1. Marie-- I luv ya. I know he is in there too!

    ReplyDelete